A Program of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc.
Apply for Housing with
JOBE Transitional Living Program
Thoroughly read all instructions before completing and submitting the application.
Applicants may be TAY (Transitional Age Youth) that fall into the age range of 18 to 25 years old.
They lack safe, stable housing in the community.
They may have insufficient funds and lack employment experience and skills.
They are required to set goals and follow through with the necessary steps to meet those goals.
Generally, applicants are referred to JOBE TLP through social workers, ILP coordinators, and various educational institutions.
This process is the responsibility of the Program Director and Case Manager to ensure that each applicant is thoroughly interviewed. Applicants may be asked for a second interview and will be notified within 48 hours if they have been accepted.
Once accepted, residents will reside with housemates in a home with support and guidance provided by JOBE TLP. Program Director, Case Manager, and Counselors will assist residents prepare themselves for the future. Residents will set and achieve goals related to employment, education, and finances.
A major benchmark of JOBE TLP is to encourage residents to complete the highest level of education based on their individual goals.
House Rules and Expectations
Upon entering the JOBE program, residents will be required to sign contracts such as a leasing agreement, rules and expectations, etc.
How to Apply for JOBE Transitional Living Program
The purpose of our program is to provide opportunity and support to young men and women who have a desire to better their futures and end the cycle of poverty. The JOBE program will assist all our residents in preparing themselves for the future workforce. We have found that young men and women who proceed are much more invested in their future.
1) Take the time to fill out the Resident Application properly.
2) All sections of the application are required, so complete it in its entirety.
3) Complete the application below or download it here. If completing a handwritten application, submit it by fax, mail, or email.
4) Applicants will be contacted by the Program Director and/or Case Manager to schedule an interview. The applicant will be instructed when and where to meet for the interview process. This is an interview. Be prepared and dress appropriately.
5) At the completion of the interview, the applicant may be asked to provide additional information or documents. Applicants’ information and background will be reviewed.
6) After enough information has been provided, Program Director and Case Manager will decide if the candidate is a proper fit for JOBE TLP.
NOTE: The candidate’s level of investment to the application process will be a factor in the final decision.